One Eighty has 20 years of experience in the field of Advanced Materials Consulting
The use of Advanced Materials in various industries is emerging rapidly.
One Eighty’s unique ability to assist many sectors, not only with regular testing, but also with research and development, failure investigation and material selection, makes One Eighty a key technology partner across all engineering fields.
Advanced materials include ceramics, composites, concrete, glass and polymers (plastics). Additionally, One Eighty’s Advanced Materials services also entail testing and research of various types of oils and lubricants, water and chemical analyses. One Eighty’s versatile abilities to assist and provide solutions in sectors such as food and beverage, marine, biomedical as well as coating and paint industries have helped many clients to understand, develop and optimize their current processes as well mitigating risks associated with the implementation of new projects and designs.
Our Advanced Materials Consulting Services include:
What is considered to be an Advanced Material?
The broadest definition is to refer to all materials that represent advances over the traditional materials that have been used for hundreds or even thousands of years. From this perspective, advanced materials refer to all new materials and modifications to existing materials to obtain superior performance in one or more characteristics that are critical for the application under consideration.
Advanced Materials are materials with engineered properties created through the development of specialised processing and synthesis technology.
Advanced Materials include:
- Plastics and polymers
- Paints and coatings
- Industrial Chemicals
- Wood-like materials
- Electronic materials
Industries that typically use a lot of non-metallic materials include:
- Food and Beverage
- Oil and Gas
- Polymer and composite manufacturing
- Paint manufacturing
One Eighty’s range of services in Advanced Materials includes:
- Materials testing
- Product design
- Material selection
- Research and development
- Accelerated ageing tests to determine lifespan of material
There are many industry problems in the field of Advanced materials. These include:
- No quality control assurance on material supplied in terms of physical, chemical and mechanical properties.
- Difference in non-metallic materials’ interactions with open environment and in different solvents.
- Inter and intra effects of non-metallic materials with metallic components.
- Determine non-metallic materials best suited for specific applications.
- Longevity of non-metallic material under various environmental and chemical conditions.
In addition, there are many industry implications. These include:
- Unexpected wear and tear and eventual failures of material during service.
- Production line being on hold.
- Human resources being re-channelled.
- Major cost impacts.
As Technology and Integrity Partners in the field of non-metallic materials, One Eighty provides solutions to all these aspects.