In many ways, One Eighty Materials Engineering is your gateway to the extraordinary realm of…
Metallurgy and materials science and testing are professional services, and it is critical that one uses an accredited and professional firm for these services.
Compromising on quality means putting your business at risk. A business must use an ISO-accredited and professional firm to mitigate risk. Compliance is a key risk mitigator!
Compliance is critical in any industry, but particularly when it comes to fabrication, where all players carry liability. On sub-sea structures, for example, everyone who is in involved in fabrication carries risk, should there be any failure – and if one’s service has not been accredited and is not compliant – then one’s business has taken a potentially very damaging and costly risk.
Accreditation covers what is relevant in industry today, and it is extremely risky to use any non-accredited or unprofessional firm for any metallurgy service or materials testing.
One Eighty is an example of a firm of professional metallurgists and materials scientists:
- Our testing is ISO approved and accredited through SANAS
- We are the most widely scoped accredited metals and materials testing laboratory in Africa
- We have highly trained technicians, who undergo rigorous training schedules
- We use only up-to-date and modern test methods, and the professional engineers and scientists always stay industry relevant.
- We are well equipped and experienced to work with duplex stainless steel a range of alloys
- We are the only laboratory that has SASSDA membership (South African Stainless Steel Development Association). Last year we won the SASSDA Services Award.
- We are Bureau-Veritas M&O approved
- We have a dynamic and bespoke Weld Procedure Qualification offering
“One Eighty deliver a fantastic service to Fabrinox, and our client from abroad was very impressed with the quality or their work and turnaround time. When we needed to get all the approvals from our client, the team at One Eighty provided an invaluable service.”
– Fabrinox Technical Director
“We have used One Eighty for a number of years now for our stainless steel welding PQR’s and welder tests and will shortly make use of their services when we do the Aluminium tests. We have received nothing but the best service time and time again, and Janet and her team are always willing able to assist us in any way possible and go the extra mile. I would absolutely recommend their service to you and/or anyone else who may ask.”
– Garth Petersen, Director of Engineering & Manufacturing, Swift Engineering